June 29, 2017: The following position is available:
Distinguishing Characteristics of Work:
This position is created to conduct initial assessments and re-evaluations as required by the OAA Grant.
- Complete assignments, documentation, maintain files, etc. all on a timely basis.
- Create and maintain documentation of all client/support system/referral contact information in accordance with prescribed standards.
- Work with Supervisors/Manager to identify and document unmet needs of the persons with whom they encounter.
- Capability of managing calendars/schedules efficiently.
- Help build relationships with community organizations and business. Seek and attend training available to improve personal, interview, and professional skills.
- Identify problems and seek solutions in order to achieve a professional caring attitude to our clients and staff.
- Promote caring image of MOW and the clients we serve as an ultimate goal.
- Perform other duties as assigned to assist the agency as a whole to improve or maintain its operations.
- Bachelors/Masters Degree in Social Work.
- Speak and write in English proficiently.
- Knowledge of the Aging Network, informal and formal community resources, and their eligibility requirements is helpful.
- Maintain a valid Florida Driver’s License, Reliable Transportation, and the ability to travel throughout Broward County on a consistent basis.
- Must be computer literate.
- Experienced with MS Word/Excel.
- Knowledge of using laptop/tablets a plus.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, friendly, professional, reliable, presentable.
- Position requires the ability to support the emotional needs of the elderly population in a compassionate and non-judgmental manner.
- Position requires the ability to work within all the cultures of the community being served.
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, especially within a “team” based work environment.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
To apply please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subject Line: Social Worker Application. No calls please.
Meals on Wheels South Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.