- We offer more than a meal…our programs help clients maintain independence, dignity, and reduce isolation.
- We are one of the largest Meals on Wheels programs in the United States
OUR CORE VALUES
Innovative • Vision Driven • Passionate
- BMOW serves over 10,000 clients throughout Broward County annually
- We serve every community in Broward County
- BMOW provides over 1.2 million meals annually
- Our Social Work staff conducts 2,400 in home assessments annually
- We rely on 600 dedicated community volunteers
- BMOW supports 200 client companion pets
- Our organization collaborates with government agencies and other nonprofits to deliver our mission
- BMOW participates with numerous local, state and national associations to promote and advocate for senior services.
- Funding for social services is decreasing in well documented times of increasing population and need
- 1 in 11 Seniors are “ food insecure.” The age group at highest risk: 60 to 64 years of age
- Meeting changing demands and styles of service for Baby Boomers in economically difficult times.
Broward Meals on Wheels is funded through the State of Florida’s Department of Elder Affairs and the Aging and Disability Resource Center of Broward County, with funds made available by the Federal Older American’s Act, Fair Share dollars and Private Donations.